Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and writer of the number-one New York Occasions greatest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a robust examination of our interactions with folks we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain assume he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms educate us one thing about the way in which we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a e book for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, navy psychologists. Courtroom transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You truly hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the highway in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear straight from lots of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme music – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing could be very improper, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and methods we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know tips on how to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an on the spot number-one greatest vendor, and was one of the crucial pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a totally new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity by David Graeber in English
- Download Audiobook Grace: President Obama and Ten Days in the Battle for America by Cody Keenan in English
- Download Audiobook The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Jonathan Haidt in English
- Download Audiobook When McKinsey Comes to Town: The Hidden Influence of the World’s Most Powerful Consulting Firm by Walt Bogdanich in English
- Download Audiobook The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told to Alex Haley by Malcolm X in English
- Download Audiobook Solito: A Memoir by Javier Zamora in English