Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and creator of the number-one New York Instances finest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with individuals we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a era? Why did Neville Chamberlain suppose he may belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms train us one thing about the best way we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a guide for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, navy psychologists. Court docket transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You really hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the highway in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear straight from most of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme tune – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing may be very mistaken, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and methods we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know the right way to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an prompt number-one finest vendor, and was one of the vital pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English
- Download Audiobook Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self by Dr. Nicole LePera in English
- Download Audiobook Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie in English
- Download Audiobook From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur C. Brooks in English