The challenges to humanity posed by the digital future, the primary detailed examination of the unprecedented type of energy referred to as “surveillance capitalism”, and the search by highly effective firms to foretell and management our habits.On this masterwork of unique pondering and analysis, Shoshana Zuboff gives startling insights into the phenomenon that she has named surveillance capitalism. The stakes couldn’t be larger: a world structure of habits modification threatens human nature within the Twenty first century simply as industrial capitalism disfigured the pure world within the twentieth. Zuboff vividly brings to life the results as surveillance capitalism advances from Silicon Valley into each financial sector. Huge wealth and energy are gathered in ominous new “behavioral futures markets”, the place predictions about our habits are purchased and offered, and the manufacturing of products and providers is subordinated to a brand new “technique of behavioral modification”. The menace has shifted from a totalitarian Massive Brother state to a ubiquitous digital structure: a “Massive Different” working within the pursuits of surveillance capital. Right here is the crucible of an unprecedented type of energy marked by excessive concentrations of data and free from democratic oversight. Zuboff’s complete and shifting evaluation lays naked the threats to Twenty first-century society: a managed “hive” of whole connection that seduces with guarantees of whole certainty for max revenue – on the expense of democracy, freedom, and our human future. With little resistance from legislation or society, surveillance capitalism is on the verge of dominating the social order and shaping the digital future – if we let it. PLEASE NOTE: If you buy this title, the accompanying PDF will likely be accessible in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook Cybersecurity for Dummies by Joseph Steinberg in English
- Download Audiobook Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach by Mark Richards in English
- Download Audiobook The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr in English
- Download Audiobook The Art of Invisibility: The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data by Kevin Mitnick in English
- Download Audiobook Staff Engineer: Leadership Beyond the Management Track by Will Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble in English