The debut of a New York Instances investigative reporter and Pulitzer Prize finalist: a gripping narrative that fuses analysis, unique interviews, and on-the-ground reporting to seize the complete inside story of Massive Tech’s monomaniacal race to drive engagement—and earnings—in any respect prices.All of us have a imprecise sense that social media is unhealthy for us, for our youngsters, and for our democracies. However what precisely is it about Fb, Twitter, YouTube, and different platforms that causes this creeping feeling of unease? Max Fisher, utilizing years of his personal worldwide reporting for the New York Instances, tells the within story of how the social networks essentially altered the world, detailing the roots of their ideology, their race to maximise engagement, and the ensuing algorithms that drive on a regular basis customers to excessive opinions and, more and more, excessive actions.Taking the listener from deep inside Silicon Valley to the far reaches of Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Germany, and Brazil, Max Fisher unfolds the definitive account of how the social-media harms that generally started in forgotten pockets of the world noticed their darkish fruits in America via the pandemic, the 2020 election, and Capitol Rebel. The result’s an intimately detailed account of the implications of the polarization that social media incubates: the cancellations, the omnipotence of hate speech, and the spillover into real-world violence. Fisher weaves collectively the tales of dozens of alarmed outsiders and Silicon Valley defectors to disclose the true human price on the coronary heart of social media.The Chaos Machine is a contemporary, excoriating, and definitive narrative of the rise and legacy of the social-media giants. Delivering each astounding tales and hard-hitting reporting, Fisher captures the tangible havoc wreaked upon our minds and our world by the titans of the tech trade.
- Download Audiobook Cybersecurity for Dummies by Joseph Steinberg in English
- Download Audiobook Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach by Mark Richards in English
- Download Audiobook The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr in English
- Download Audiobook The Art of Invisibility: The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data by Kevin Mitnick in English
- Download Audiobook Staff Engineer: Leadership Beyond the Management Track by Will Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble in English