The debut of a New York Occasions investigative reporter and Pulitzer Prize finalist: a gripping narrative that fuses analysis, unique interviews, and on-the-ground reporting to seize the complete inside story of Massive Tech’s monomaniacal race to drive engagement—and earnings—in any respect prices.All of us have a imprecise sense that social media is dangerous for us, for our youngsters, and for our democracies. However what precisely is it about Fb, Twitter, YouTube, and different platforms that causes this creeping feeling of unease? Max Fisher, utilizing years of his personal worldwide reporting for the New York Occasions, tells the within story of how the social networks essentially altered the world, detailing the roots of their ideology, their race to maximise engagement, and the ensuing algorithms that drive on a regular basis customers to excessive opinions and, more and more, excessive actions.Taking the listener from deep inside Silicon Valley to the far reaches of Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Germany, and Brazil, Max Fisher unfolds the definitive account of how the social-media harms that typically started in forgotten pockets of the world noticed their darkish fruits in America by means of the pandemic, the 2020 election, and Capitol Revolt. The result’s an intimately detailed account of the results of the polarization that social media incubates: the cancellations, the omnipotence of hate speech, and the spillover into real-world violence. Fisher weaves collectively the tales of dozens of alarmed outsiders and Silicon Valley defectors to disclose the true human price on the coronary heart of social media.The Chaos Machine is a recent, excoriating, and definitive narrative of the rise and legacy of the social-media giants. Delivering each astounding tales and hard-hitting reporting, Fisher captures the tangible havoc wreaked upon our minds and our world by the titans of the tech trade.
- Download Audiobook Diana: Her True Story – in Her Own Words by Andrew Morton in English
- Download Audiobook The Big Truth: Upholding Democracy in the Age of “The Big Lie” by Major Garrett in English
- Download Audiobook Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook The Giant Killer: American Hero, Mercenary, Spy… The Incredible True Story of the Smallest Man to Serve in the U.S. Military – Green Beret Captain Richard J. Flaherty by David A. Yuzuk in English