“Should you’ve been on the lookout for one thing completely different to stage up your well being, health, and private progress, that is it.” (Melissa City, Whole30 CEO and New York Occasions best-selling writer)Uncover the evolutionary thoughts and physique advantages of residing on the edges of your consolation zone and reconnecting with the wild.In some ways, we’re extra comfy than ever earlier than. However may our sheltered, temperature-controlled, overfed, underchallenged lives really be the main reason behind many our most pressing bodily and psychological well being points? On this gripping investigation, award-winning journalist Michael Easter seeks out off-the-grid visionaries, disruptive genius researchers, and mind-body conditioning trailblazers who’re unlocking the life-enhancing secrets and techniques of a counterintuitive resolution: discomfort.Easter’s journey to grasp our evolutionary have to be challenged takes him to satisfy the NBA’s high train scientist, who makes use of an historic Japanese apply to construct championship athletes; to the paranormal nation of Bhutan, the place an Oxford economist and Buddhist chief are displaying the world what dying can educate us about happiness; to the out of doors lab of a younger neuroscientist who’s discovered that nature checks our bodily and psychological endurance in ways in which broaden creativity whereas taming burnout and anxiousness; to the distant Alaskan backcountry on a demanding 33-day searching expedition to expertise the rewilding secrets and techniques of one of many final rugged locations on Earth; and extra.Alongside the way in which, Easter uncovers a blueprint for leveraging the facility of discomfort that can dramatically enhance our well being and happiness, and maybe even assist us perceive what it means to be human. The Consolation Disaster is a daring name to interrupt out of your consolation zone and discover the wild inside your self.
- Download Audiobook How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English
- Download Audiobook Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self by Dr. Nicole LePera in English
- Download Audiobook Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie in English
- Download Audiobook From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur C. Brooks in English