A scathing historical past of twenty-five years of Republican makes an attempt to carry on to political energy by any means obligatory, by a massively fashionable Washington Publish political columnistIn 1994, greater than 300 Republicans below the command of obstructionist and rabble-rouser Congressman Newt Gingrich stood exterior the U.S. Capitol to signal the Contract with America and put bipartisanship on discover. Twenty-five years later, on January 6, 2021, a bloodthirsty mob incited by President Trump invaded the Capitol. Dana Milbank sees a transparent line from the Contract with America to the coup try. Within the quarter century in between, Individuals have witnessed the crackup of the occasion of Lincoln and Reagan, to its present iteration as a haven for white supremacists, political violence, conspiracy theories and authoritarianism.Following the questionable careers of occasion heavyweights Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove, Mitch McConnell, and Rudy Giuliani, and people of many lesser identified lowlights, Millbank recounts the stunning lengths the Republican Occasion has gone to to keep up its grip on the American folks.
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy by David Corn in English
- Download Audiobook White Fear: How the Browning of America Is Making White Folks Lose Their Minds by Roland S. Martin in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Born to Be Hanged: The Epic Story of the Gentlemen Pirates Who Raided the South Seas, Rescued a Princess, and Stole a Fortune by Keith Thomson in English
- Download Audiobook Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow in English