The authors of Secrets and techniques of the Sahara battle the elephant poachers of Zambia on this “thrilling…half journey story, half wildlife story” (The Boston Globe). Clever, majestic, and constant, with lifespans matching our personal, elephants are among the many biggest of the wonders gracing the African wilds. But within the Seventies and Nineteen Eighties, about 1,000 of those fascinating creatures had been slaughtered in Zambia annually, killed for his or her priceless ivory tusks. When biologists Mark and Delia Owens, residing in Africa to check lions, discovered themselves in the midst of a poaching fray, they took the one aspect they morally may: that of the elephants. The Eye of the Elephant recounts the Owens’ battle to avoid wasting these harmless animals from decimation, a journey not solely to provide the natives with methods of supporting their villages, but in addition to domesticate assist across the globe for the safety of elephants. Stuffed with daring exploits amongst disgruntled hunters, arduous labor on the African plains, and vivid depictions of varied wildlife, this exceptional story is without delay an journey story, a travelogue, a preservationist name to motion, and an interesting examination of each human and animal nature.
- Download Audiobook H.M.S. Surprise: Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 3 by Patrick O’Brian in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road by Neil Peart in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook London: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd in English
- Download Audiobook Guía mágica del Camino de Santiago: Un viaje en busca de lo mágico y lo sagrado en el camino de las estrellas by Francisco Contreras Gil in English