Francis Ouimet and Harry Vardon got here from completely different worlds and completely different generations, however their ardour for golf set them on parallel paths that may collide within the biggest match their sport had ever recognized. A younger Massachusetts native, Francis was solely three years faraway from his youthful profession as a lowly caddie. Harry was twice his age, the best British champion in historical past, and innovator of the fashionable grip and swing. Via exacting laborious work, perseverance, and willpower, Harry Vardon had escaped a hopeless lifetime of poverty; the unknown Ouimet dared to dream of following in his hero’s footsteps. When the 2 males lastly got here collectively of their legendary battle on the 1913 US Open, its heart-stopping climax gave rise to the game of golf as we all know it right this moment. Weaving the tales of Ouimet and Vardon as his narrative, Mark Frost creates a uniquely involving, intimate epic that’s equal elements sports activities biography, sweeping social historical past, and emotional human drama. The Biggest Sport Ever Performed is a must-listen for thousands and thousands of sports activities and historical past followers – and all who’ve ever dared to achieve for his or her goals.
- Download Audiobook The 2% Way: How a Philosophy of Small Improvements Took Me to Oxford, the NFL, and Neurosurgery by Dr. Myron L. Rolle in English
- Download Audiobook Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand in English
- Download Audiobook Outdoor Kids in an Inside World: Getting Your Family Out of the House and Radically Engaged with Nature by Steven Rinella in English
- Download Audiobook The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown in English
- Download Audiobook Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover in English
- Download Audiobook Next Level: Your Guide to Kicking Ass, Feeling Great, and Crushing Goals Through Menopause and Beyond by Stacy T. Sims in English