A “elegant” and “radically authentic” exploration of the Sierra Nevadas, the perfect mountains on Earth for mountaineering and tenting, from New York Occasions best-selling novelist Kim Stanley Robinson (Invoice McKibben, Gary Snyder).Kim Stanley Robinson first ventured into the Sierra Nevada mountains throughout the summer time of 1973. He returned from that encounter a modified man, awed by a panorama that made him really feel as if he had been concurrently strolling by way of an artwork museum and scrambling on a jungle health club like an energized baby. He has returned to the mountains all through his life—greater than 100 journeys—and has gathered an unlimited retailer of information about them. The Excessive Sierra is his lavish celebration of this distinctive place and an exploration of what makes this span of mountains some of the compelling locations on Earth.Over the course of a vivid and dramatic narrative, Robinson describes the geological forces that formed the Sierras and the historical past of its exploration, going again to the indigenous peoples who made it dwelling and whose traces can nonetheless be discovered at this time. He celebrates the folks whose concepts and actions protected the Excessive Sierra for future generations. He describes uniquely lovely hikes and the paths to be averted. Robinson’s personal life-altering occasions, defining relationships, and unforgettable adventures type the narrative’s backbone. And he illuminates the human communion with the wild and with the elegant, together with the non-public progress that solely appears to return from time spent outside.The Excessive Sierra is a beautiful, absorbing immersion in a spot, born out of a want to grasp and share one of many biggest rapture-inducing experiences our planet presents. Full of maps, gear recommendation, greater than 100 breathtaking photographs, and far more, it is going to encourage veteran hikers, informal walkers, and journey fans to arrange for a powerful journey. PLEASE NOTE: Whenever you buy this title, the accompanying PDF shall be out there in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide to Unshakable Performance by Dr. Nate Zinsser in English
- Download Audiobook Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson in English
- Download Audiobook A Book of Five Rings: The Strategy of Musashi by Miyamoto Musashi in English
- Download Audiobook Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alexander Hutchinson in English
- Download Audiobook Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Legacy by James Kerr in English