Colin O’Brady’s awe-inspiring, New York Instances best-selling memoir recounting his restoration from a tragic accident and his record-setting 932-mile solo crossing of Antarctica is a “jaw-dropping story of ardour and perseverance” (Angela Duckworth, New York Instances best-selling writer of Grit). Previous to December 2018, no particular person had ever crossed the landmass of Antarctica alone, with out help and utterly human powered. But, Colin O’Brady was decided to do exactly that, even when, 10 years earlier, there was doubt that he’d ever stroll once more usually. From the depths of a tragic accident, he fought his means again. In a quest to unlock his potential and uncover what was potential, he went on to set three mountaineering world information earlier than turning to this historic Antarctic problem.O’Brady’s pursuit of a aim that had eluded many others was made much more intense by a head-to-head battle that emerged with British polar explorer Captain Louis Rudd – additionally striving to be “the primary”. Enduring Antarctica’s sub-zero temperatures and pulling a sled that originally weighed 375 kilos – in full isolation and thru a succession of whiteouts, storms, and a sequence of close to disasters – O’Brady persevered.Alone together with his ideas for almost two months within the vastness of the frozen continent – gripped by worry and doubt – he mirrored on his previous, looking for braveness and inspiration within the relationships and experiences that had formed his life.“Extremely partaking and well-written” (The Wall Road Journal) – and set towards the backdrop of a number of the most excessive environments on earth, from Mt. Everest to Antarctica – that is “an unforgettable memoir of perseverance, survival, daring to dream huge, and exhibiting the world tips on how to make the unimaginable potential” (Booklist, starred assessment).
- Download Audiobook The Impossible First by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English