“A riveting, terrifying, thrilling story of a netherworld that few folks find out about, and fewer will ever see…. The soul of this e-book is as wild because the ocean itself.” (Susan Casey, best-selling creator of The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean) An adrenaline-fueled tour of an enormous, lawless and rampantly prison world that few have ever seen: the excessive seas. There are few remaining frontiers on our planet. However maybe the wildest, and least understood, are the world’s oceans: too massive to police, and underneath no clear worldwide authority, these immense areas of treacherous water play host to rampant criminality and exploitation. Traffickers and smugglers, pirates and mercenaries, wreck thieves and repo males, vigilante conservationists and elusive poachers, seabound abortion suppliers, clandestine oil-dumpers, shackled slaves and cast-adrift stowaways – drawing on 5 years of perilous and intrepid reporting, usually tons of of miles from shore, Ian Urbina introduces us to the inhabitants of this hidden world. Via their tales of astonishing braveness and brutality, survival and tragedy, he uncovers a globe-spanning community of crime and exploitation that emanates from the fishing, oil and delivery industries, and on which the world’s economies rely. Each a gripping journey story and a surprising exposé, this distinctive work of reportage brings totally into view for the primary time the disturbing actuality of a floating world that connects us all, a spot the place anybody can do something as a result of nobody is watching.
- Download Audiobook The Impossible First by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English