NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER The “addictively readable” (The Washington Put up) inside story of the British royal household’s battle to beat the dramas of the Diana years—solely to confront new twenty-first-century crises “The seaside learn of the summer season . . . juicy, satisfying leisure.”—City & Nation“By no means once more” grew to become Queen Elizabeth II’s mantra shortly after Princess Diana’s tragic loss of life. Extra specifically, there might by no means be “one other Diana”—a member of the household whose international recognition upstaged, outshone, and posed an existential menace to the British monarchy.Selecting up the place Tina Brown’s masterful The Diana Chronicles left off, The Palace Papers reveals how the royal household reinvented itself after the traumatic years when Diana’s blazing superstar ripped by the Home of Windsor like a comet.Brown takes listeners on a tour de drive journey by the scandals, amorous affairs, energy performs, and betrayals which have buffeted the monarchy during the last twenty-five years. We see the Queen’s stoic reremedy after the passing of Princess Margaret, the Queen Mom, and Prince Philip, her companion for seven many years, and the way she triumphs in her Jubilee years at the same time as household troubles rage round her. Brown explores Prince Charles’s willpower to make Camilla Parker Bowles his spouse, the strain between William and Harry on “totally different paths,” the ascendance of Kate Middleton, the downfall of Prince Andrew, and Harry and Meghan’s gorgeous resolution to step again as senior royals. Regardless of the delicate monarchy’s finest efforts, “by no means once more” appears quick approaching.Tina Brown has been observing and chronicling the British monarchy for 3 many years, and her sweeping account is filled with highly effective revelations, newly reported particulars, and searing perception gleaned from exceptional entry to royal insiders. Fashionable, witty, and erudite, The Palace Papers will irrevocably change how the world perceives and belowstands the royal household.
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy by David Corn in English
- Download Audiobook White Fear: How the Browning of America Is Making White Folks Lose Their Minds by Roland S. Martin in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Born to Be Hanged: The Epic Story of the Gentlemen Pirates Who Raided the South Seas, Rescued a Princess, and Stole a Fortune by Keith Thomson in English
- Download Audiobook Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow in English