The Philosophy of Fashionable Music is Bob Dylan’s first guide of latest writing since 2004’s Chronicles: Quantity One—and since successful the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016.Dylan, who started engaged on the guide in 2010, affords his extraordinary perception into the character of fashionable music. He writes over sixty essays specializing in songs by different artists, spanning from Stephen Foster to Elvis Costello, and in between starting from Hank Williams to Nina Simone. He analyzes what he calls the lure of simple rhymes, breaks down how the addition of a single syllable can diminish a music, and even explains how bluegrass pertains to heavy metallic. These essays are written in Dylan’s distinctive prose. They’re mysterious and mercurial, poignant and profound, and infrequently laugh-out-loud humorous. And whereas they’re ostensibly about music, they’re actually meditations and reflections on the human situation. Working all through the guide are a collection of dream-like riffs that, taken collectively, resemble an epic poem and add to the work’s transcendence.In 2020, with the discharge of his excellent album Tough and Rowdy Methods, Dylan turned the primary artist to have an album hit the Billboard Prime 40 in every decade because the Nineteen Sixties. The Philosophy of Fashionable Music comprises a lot of what he has realized about his craft in all these years, and like every little thing that Dylan does, it’s a momentous creative achievement.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English