A Father, His Son, and an Unrelenting Quest for a Remedy On the age of 27, Whitney Dafoe was compelled to surrender his life as a photographer who traveled the world. Little by little a mysterious sickness stole away the items of his life: First, it took the power of his legs, then his voice, and his potential to eat. Lastly, even the sound of a footstep in his room turned insufferable. The Puzzle Solver follows a number of years through which he desperately sought solutions from specialist after specialist, the place at one level his 6’3″ body dropped to 115 lbs. For years, he underwent infinite medical exams, however medical doctors instructed him there was nothing fallacious. Then, lastly, a prognosis: Persistent Fatigue Syndrome, often known as myalgic encephalomyelitis. Within the 80s, when an outbreak of individuals immobilized by an indescribable fatigue have been reported close to Lake Tahoe, Nevada, medical doctors have been at a loss to clarify the signs. The situation would alternatively be nicknamed Raggedy Ann Syndrome or the Yuppie Illness, and there was no treatment or solutions about remedy. They have been to stay sick. However there was one reply: Whitney’s father, Ron Davis, PhD, a world-class geneticist at Stanford College whose legendary analysis helped crack the code of DNA, abruptly modified the course of his profession in a race in opposition to time to treatment his son’s debilitating situation. In The Puzzle Solver, journalist Tracie White, who first wrote a viral and award-winning piece on Davis and his household in Stanford Drugs, tells his story. In gripping prose, she masterfully takes listeners alongside on this journey with Davis to unravel one of many biggest mysteries in medication. In a piercing investigative narrative, closed doorways are opened, and masked truths are uncovered as Davis uncovers new proof confirming that Persistent Fatigue Syndrome is a organic illness. On the coronary heart of this ebook is a transferring story that goes far past medication, this can be a story about how the ability of affection – and science – can shine mild in even the darkest, most hidden, corners of the world.
- Download Audiobook The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity – And Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race by Daniel Z. Lieberman MD in English
- Download Audiobook Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink in English
- Download Audiobook Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan in English
- Download Audiobook Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach in English