When she was instantly given the chance of a brand new life in rural Jutland, journalist and archetypal Londoner Helen Russell found a startling statistic: the happiest place on earth is not Disneyland however Denmark, a land usually considered by foreigners as consisting fully of lengthy, darkish winters, cured herring, Lego and pastries. What’s the secret to their success? Are comfortable Danes born or made? Helen decides there is just one option to discover out: she’s going to give herself a 12 months, attempting to uncover the components for Danish happiness. From little one care, training, meals and inside design to SAD, taxes, sexism and an unlucky predilection for burning witches, The Yr of Residing Danishly is a humorous, poignant report of a journey that exhibits us the place the Danes get it proper, the place they get it mistaken, and the way we’d simply profit from dwelling a bit of extra Danishly ourselves. Helen Russell is a journalist and former editor of MarieClaire.co.uk. She now lives in rural Jutland and works as a Scandinavia correspondent for the Guardian in addition to writing a column on Denmark for the Telegraph.
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English
- Download Audiobook Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose in English
- Download Audiobook Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed in English
- Download Audiobook The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter in English
- Download Audiobook The 12-Hour Walk: Invest One Day, Unlock Your Best Life by Colin O’Brady in English