When she was instantly given the chance of a brand new life in rural Jutland, journalist and archetypal Londoner Helen Russell found a startling statistic: the happiest place on earth is not Disneyland however Denmark, a land usually considered by foreigners as consisting fully of lengthy, darkish winters, cured herring, Lego and pastries. What’s the secret to their success? Are comfortable Danes born or made? Helen decides there is just one option to discover out: she’s going to give herself a 12 months, attempting to uncover the components for Danish happiness. From little one care, training, meals and inside design to SAD, taxes, sexism and an unlucky predilection for burning witches, The Yr of Residing Danishly is a humorous, poignant report of a journey that exhibits us the place the Danes get it proper, the place they get it mistaken, and the way we’d simply profit from dwelling a bit of extra Danishly ourselves. Helen Russell is a journalist and former editor of MarieClaire.co.uk. She now lives in rural Jutland and works as a Scandinavia correspondent for the Guardian in addition to writing a column on Denmark for the Telegraph.
- Download Audiobook The Impossible First by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English