When she was instantly given the chance of a brand new life in rural Jutland, journalist and archetypal Londoner Helen Russell found a startling statistic: the happiest place on earth is not Disneyland however Denmark, a land typically considered by foreigners as consisting completely of lengthy, darkish winters, cured herring, Lego and pastries. What’s the secret to their success? Are comfortable Danes born or made? Helen decides there is just one method to discover out: she’s going to give herself a yr, attempting to uncover the system for Danish happiness. From little one care, schooling, meals and inside design to SAD, taxes, sexism and an unlucky predilection for burning witches, The 12 months of Dwelling Danishly is a humorous, poignant document of a journey that reveals us the place the Danes get it proper, the place they get it mistaken, and the way we would simply profit from dwelling somewhat extra Danishly ourselves. Helen Russell is a journalist and former editor of MarieClaire.co.uk. She now lives in rural Jutland and works as a Scandinavia correspondent for the Guardian in addition to writing a column on Denmark for the Telegraph.
- Download Audiobook World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain in English
- Download Audiobook Travels with Charley in Search of America by John Steinbeck in English
- Download Audiobook Clanlands: Whisky, Warfare, and a Scottish Adventure Like No Other by Sam Heughan in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert in English
- Download Audiobook A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson in English