From the one American journalist ever to have been admitted to the insular Tokyo Metropolitan Police press membership: a novel, firsthand, revelatory take a look at Japanese tradition from the underbelly up. At 19, Jake Adelstein went to Japan in quest of peace and tranquility. What he acquired was a lifetime of crime – crime reporting, that’s, on the prestigious Yomiuri Shinbun. For 12 years of 80-hour workweeks, he coated the seedy facet of Japan, the place extortion, homicide, human trafficking, and corruption are as acquainted as ramen noodles and sake. However when his ultimate scoop introduced him head to head with Japan’s most notorious yakuza boss – and the specter of dying for him and his household – Adelstein determined to step down…momentarily. Then, he fought again.In Tokyo Vice, Adelstein tells the riveting, typically humorous story of his journey from an inexperienced cub reporter – who made rookie errors like getting right into a martial-arts battle with a senior editor – to a daring, investigative journalist with a worth on his head. With its vivid, visceral descriptions of crime in Japan and an exploration of the world of modern-day yakuza that even few Japanese ever see, Tokyo Vice is a fascination, and an schooling, from first to final.
- Download Audiobook Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose in English
- Download Audiobook Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed in English
- Download Audiobook The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter in English
- Download Audiobook The 12-Hour Walk: Invest One Day, Unlock Your Best Life by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook H.M.S. Surprise: Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 3 by Patrick O’Brian in English