A shocking evocation of America on the eve of a tumultuous decade—and a transferring elegy for extra harmless occasions. In September 1960, John Steinbeck and his poodle, Charley, launched into a journey throughout America, from small cities to rising cities to superb wilderness oases. Travels with Charley is animated by Steinbeck’s consideration to the particular particulars of the pure world and his sense of how the lives of individuals are intimately related to the rhythms of nature—to climate, geography, the cycles of the seasons. His eager ear for the transactions amongst folks is obvious, too, as he data the pursuits and obsessions that preoccupy the People he encounters alongside the way in which.
- Download Audiobook Cry of the Kalahari by Mark Owens in English
- Download Audiobook World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English
- Download Audiobook In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides in English
- Download Audiobook Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks by Andrea Lankford in English
- Download Audiobook Nowhere for Very Long: The Unexpected Road to an Unconventional Life by Brianna Madia in English