In 1803, President Thomas Jefferson chosen his private secretary, Captain Meriwether Lewis, to guide a voyage up the Missouri River, throughout the forbidding Rockies, and – by means of the Snake and Columbia rivers – all the way down to the Pacific Ocean. Lewis and his accomplice, Captain William Clark, endured unbelievable hardships and witnessed astounding sights. With nice perseverance, they labored their manner into an unexplored West. After they returned two years later, they’d lengthy since been given up for lifeless. Undaunted Braveness is supported by a wide range of colourful characters: Jefferson and his imaginative and prescient of the West; Clark, the artist and mapmaker; and Lewis, the enigma, who led brilliantly however thought-about the mission a failure. After struggling a number of intervals of despair – and regardless of his standing as nationwide hero – Lewis died mysteriously, apparently by his personal hand.
- Download Audiobook Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert in English
- Download Audiobook A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English
- Download Audiobook Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose in English
- Download Audiobook Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed in English