In 1803, President Thomas Jefferson chosen his private secretary, Captain Meriwether Lewis, to steer a voyage up the Missouri River, throughout the forbidding Rockies, and – by means of the Snake and Columbia rivers – right down to the Pacific Ocean. Lewis and his accomplice, Captain William Clark, endured unimaginable hardships and witnessed astounding sights. With nice perseverance, they labored their approach into an unexplored West. After they returned two years later, they’d lengthy since been given up for useless. Undaunted Braveness is supported by quite a lot of colourful characters: Jefferson and his imaginative and prescient of the West; Clark, the artist and mapmaker; and Lewis, the enigma, who led brilliantly however thought-about the mission a failure. After struggling a number of durations of melancholy – and regardless of his standing as nationwide hero – Lewis died mysteriously, apparently by his personal hand.
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English
- Download Audiobook Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose in English
- Download Audiobook Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed in English
- Download Audiobook The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter in English
- Download Audiobook The 12-Hour Walk: Invest One Day, Unlock Your Best Life by Colin O’Brady in English