Wild is a robust, blazingly trustworthy memoir: the story of an 1100-mile solo hike that broke down a younger lady reeling from disaster – and constructed her again up once more. At 22, Cheryl Strayed thought she had misplaced every part. Within the wake of her mom’s loss of life, her household scattered and her personal marriage was quickly destroyed. 4 years later, with nothing extra to lose, she made probably the most impulsive resolution of her life: to hike the Pacific Crest Path from the Mojave Desert by way of California and Oregon to Washington State – and to do it alone. She had no expertise as a long-distance hiker, and the path was little greater than “an concept, imprecise and outlandish and filled with promise.” However it was a promise of piecing again collectively a life that had come undone. Strayed confronted down rattlesnakes and black bears, intense warmth and document snowfalls, and each the sweetness and loneliness of the path. Advised with nice suspense and magnificence, glowing with heat and humor, Wild vividly captures the terrors and pleasures of 1 younger lady forging forward in opposition to all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and finally healed her.
- Download Audiobook AWOL on the Appalachian Trail by David Miller in English
- Download Audiobook Cry of the Kalahari by Mark Owens in English
- Download Audiobook World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English
- Download Audiobook In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides in English
- Download Audiobook Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks by Andrea Lankford in English