Wild is a robust, blazingly sincere memoir: the story of an 1100-mile solo hike that broke down a younger girl reeling from disaster – and constructed her again up once more. At 22, Cheryl Strayed thought she had misplaced all the things. Within the wake of her mom’s loss of life, her household scattered and her personal marriage was quickly destroyed. 4 years later, with nothing extra to lose, she made essentially the most impulsive determination of her life: to hike the Pacific Crest Path from the Mojave Desert by California and Oregon to Washington State – and to do it alone. She had no expertise as a long-distance hiker, and the path was little greater than “an concept, obscure and outlandish and stuffed with promise.” Nevertheless it was a promise of piecing again collectively a life that had come undone. Strayed confronted down rattlesnakes and black bears, intense warmth and report snowfalls, and each the sweetness and loneliness of the path. Advised with nice suspense and elegance, glowing with heat and humor, Wild vividly captures the terrors and pleasures of 1 younger girl forging forward towards all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and in the end healed her.
- Download Audiobook AWOL on the Appalachian Trail by David Miller in English
- Download Audiobook Cry of the Kalahari by Mark Owens in English
- Download Audiobook World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English
- Download Audiobook In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides in English
- Download Audiobook Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks by Andrea Lankford in English