A front-of-the-house Kitchen Confidential from a profession maître d’lodge who manned the entrance of the room in New York Metropolis’s hottest and most in-demand eating places.From the glamorous to the entitled, from royalty to the financially ruined, everybody who wished to be seen—or simply to gawk—on the hottest eating places in New York Metropolis got here to locations Michael Cecchi-Azzolina helped run. His telephone quantity was handed round amongst those that wished to curry favor, throughout the a long time when eating places changed golf equipment and theater as, effectively, theater in essentially the most seen, vibrant metropolis on the planet.In addition to dropping us again right into a vanished time, Your Desk Is Prepared takes us locations we’d by no means be capable to get into on our personal: Raoul’s in Soho with its louche membership vibe; Buzzy O’Keefe’s casually elegant River Café (the one outer-borough institution fascinating sufficient to be included on this roster), from Keith McNally’s Minetta Tavern to Nolita’s Le Coucou, probably essentially the most lovely room in New York Metropolis in 2018, with its French Nation Auberge-meets-winery look and essentially the most beautiful and massive stands of flowers, modified each three days.From his early profession serving theater stars like Tennessee Williams and Dustin Hoffman at La Rousse proper by way of to the final pre-pandemic-shutdown full homes at Le Coucou, Cecchi-Azzolina has seen all of it. In Your Desk Is Prepared, he breaks down how eating places actually run (and don’t), and the way the economics work for homeowners and overworked employees alike. The professionals who gravitate to the enterprise are a particular, harder breed, practiced in coping with the demanding patrons and with one another, in a really distinctive ecosystem that’s someplace between a George Orwell “down and out in….” dungeon and a glossy showman’s smoke-and-mirrors palace.Your Desk Is Prepared is a rollicking, raunchy, revelatory memoir.
- Download Audiobook Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon in English
- Download Audiobook The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs by Patricia McConnell PhD in English
- Download Audiobook Somebody Feed Phil the Book: Untold Stories, Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Favorite Recipes: A Cookbook by Phil Rosenthal in English
- Download Audiobook The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter by Margareta Magnusson in English
- Download Audiobook Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo in English
- Download Audiobook Order from Chaos: The Everyday Grind of Staying Organized with Adult ADHD by Jaclyn Paul in English